INSPECTIONS DURING COVID-19
With the re-opening of businesses and the economy, the spread of COVID-19 is still occurring. There are precautions that should be followed in the real estate industry to minimize the spread of COVID-19 to realtors, buyers, sellers, home inspectors and others involved in the buying and selling of homes.
At Encompass Home Inspections, we take your safety seriously.
Encompass has taken the InterNACHI (International Association of Certified Home Inspectors) course "COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for Home Inspectors". During the entire home inspection, we will be following the COVID-19 protocols recommended by the Government of Alberta.
- Encompass will be wearing a mask and gloves throughout the inspection. All points of contact will be wiped down by Encompass before and after the inspection.
- Attendance is welcome although most realtors and buyers wish to be present only at the end (last half hour) of the inspection to minimize contact during this time. When clients and realtors are in the house during the inspection, it is recommended they follow the safety measures outlined by the Alberta Government, including wearing face masks and social distancing. They should not be opening and closing doors, windows, cabinets, or handling anything while in the house.
- If anyone is not feeling well, then they should stay at home.
- If the seller / occupant is under quarantine, the home inspection must be rescheduled.
- During this time of COVID-19 and to avoid contact, the Inspection Agreement with the client should be signed via email, and payment preferably made via Interac email transfer. If this method of payment is not possible, please contact us to discuss other options.
If you have any questions or concerns about these COVID-19 protocols, please do not hesitate to discuss your concerns with us. Keeping everyone safe is our goal. We are open to accommodating your requests or suggestions where possible.